Mlilwane has a variety of different room types and styles. To research these further expand the read more link below, alternatively to book right now scroll down to enter the date, number of guests and room selection below.
The Mlilwane Rest Camp is found in the southern corner of the reserve, in the midst of a well-matured rehabilitated area. Tall indigenous trees, all grown from seed, now tower over the camp overlooking an artificially created wetland system, which is home to hippopotamus, crocodile and a variety of water birds including occasional fish eagles. The camp is unfenced, yet relatively safe, as only smaller species of wildlife occur in the Sanctuary.
Warning is given to camp patrons to be aware of hippo during the evenings, though this has not been a major concern during the camp's 41-year history. The camp is tranquil and relaxing with a continual stream of animals such as impala, warthog and nyala - ostrich too, walking between the facilities quietly tolerant of human presence.
To the west, the camp overlooks the Mhlambanyatsi River valley with its open floodplains and scattered herds of game. This view is enjoyed from the swimming pool, Shonalanga Cottage and the two Lontweni traditional thatch rondavels.
Main Rest Camp
There are a number of different types of accommodation available in the Rest Camp, all with bedding and towels provided.
Rest Camp Huts
There is a semi-circle of 8 rustic Rest Camp Huts around the central Rest Camp area, all consisting of a single room with an en-suite shower, toilet and basin. The first six huts are wood and thatch and the last two are a totally grass construction in the traditional dome "beehive" shape. A total of 20 people can be accommodated in the Rest Camp Huts.
This is a large self-catering accommodation facility, with two separate rooms and its own kitchen. It has a high thatch roof and is suitable for a family group. It is near the swimming pool, overlooking the Mhlambanyatsi River.
Lontweni Thatched Rondavels
These new and very attractive huts are are constructed using traditional building materials and have thatch roofs. Single circular room with ensuite ablutions. Two of the units have kitchenette's whilst the third has a kingsize double bed in it, which together with its more private location, says romance honeymoon without a doubt.
The three beehive villages (Roan, Nyala and Blesbok) have the look and feel of traditional Swazi homesteads with grass dome-shaped huts, arranged in semi-circles, and seating areas all semi-enclosed by traditional Swazi kraal 'fencing'. The huts are simple and sparsely furnished containing beds and a fan. They have their own bathrooms attached. A total of 92 people can be accommodated in these villages, which are mostly twin accommodation - however there are 2 family units and 2 trple units.
The informal camping ground is situated under an impressive, mature Eucalyptus forest. Fallen logs and a few scattered concrete tables roughly mark out the campsites. Electric power points are available. Campers are requested not to leave foodstuff in their tents as warthogs may raid them Communal ablutions for the Camping grounds equipped with showers, toilets, washbasins and laundry basins. There is a bath and additional toilets in the day visitor's ablution block.
If you are looking for more exclusive and private accommodation for your stay at Mlilwane - have a look at Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge, which is a private lodge also situated within Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary.
All refunds and modifications are subject to a 15% handling fee or minimum charge of ZAR 100.00. Cancellations made from 30 to 21 days in advance of arrival, will incur cancellation fees of 25% of the total booking value. If cancelled within 14-20 days, 50% of the total price is forfeited, if within 7-13 days, 75% of the total price is forfeited, if within 0-6 days, 100% of the total price is forfeited.
This needs to be arranged directly with the establishment on arrival. If it doesn't interfere with forward bookings, the establishment is usually fairly lenient in this regard.
Children under the age of 13 years pay 50% of the adult rate. Babies under the age of 3 years stay for free.
A once-off park entry fee is payable on arrival at the gate: R 40.00/adult, half price for children under 13yrs and free for infants under 3yrs (2012).